I’ve never made any secret of the fact that I support the move to leave the EU and have done from day one.
However, as the inevitable mudslinging and scaremongering has continued, I have been amused to note that a number of significant reasons to endorse the case for Brexit have failed to receive anything other than a passing mention.
So to right that wrong, here we go:
- The day after the nation votes to leave the EU, we will inevitably see the beginning of a government cull since many of those cabinet members who supported the drive to keep us under the rule of Brussels will be forced out. Chief amongst these will be the PM, no loss there.
- In addition to the above, as the nation begins to take control of its own affairs and regrow its backbone, the lies being peddled by the remain camp will be exposed for what they are, as will those who peddled them.
- Given that we will suddenly become responsible for our own affairs, our government will be forced to do the one thing that they are supposed to do, actively govern. As a consequence, many MP’s will be exposed as the inept, lazy, scrounging, self-serving media whores they actually are. The result of the two points above being that at the next election, the dead wood which sits in the House of Commons will hopefully, be gone.
- UKIP will cease to exist and all of their MEP’s will be out of work, including Mr Farage. To many, this is a good thing but to me, it is a great thing. Because I suspect that come the next election, many UKIP MEP’s will end up in government and I’d rather the House of Commons be filled with people who are prepared to stand up for their country than anyone who fits my previous points. Therefore, we will finally end up with the government we need as opposed to the one we have ended up with.
- Boris. Whatever you think of him, be it good or bad, you cannot deny that he has charisma and nor does he take any crap. I want those qualities in a leader, and that is surely where he is destined.
- Once the dust has settled and we are standing firmly on our own two feet, we will once again be able to reclaim the traditionally British outlook on the rest of Europe. Not to be underestimated.
Brexit. You know it makes sense. So please make sure that you are registered to vote and when the day comes, get out there and vote LEAVE!
PS: My last blog, The Saga of Carry On Sothcott created quite a buzz so thank you to everyone who responded or shared it.
Rest assured, there is more to come on this story. Much more.
Just in case you didn’t already know, all of my books and DVD’s are available from both Amazon and iTunes.
One thought on “6 reasons why leaving the EU will be awesome (and they’re not what you think).”
Let’s put the GREAT back into Britain